Thursday, April 07, 2005

Have i missed the boat.

I looked in the mirror today and saw a 27 year old man looking back at me, instead of Brownie the lad and it has been a kind of kick up the backside for me in the sense that i have realised that i have done anything, really pushed myself forward and done that well for myself since i was well 16.

Its got the stage where most of the lads i grew up, most of the lads i know and most of the lads i work with are all now concentrating on buying house, getting married and having kids and sometimes i feel like the last musketeer, propping the bar up, getting pissed and making a dick out of myself in generally most walks of life.

I think the problem is that i still live by the macho rules of my teenage years, where great kudos was placed on your own personal capability in drinking loads of alcohol, having sex with as many women as possible and showing off all the time. All three things i think i'm still guilty off and probably this is more fool me.

No comments: