Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Shamelessly nicked but i couldn't think of anything better to write myself

Everybody else is doing it, so why can't I?

What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Lost one of my parents, it is seriously bad news when it happens, you never imagine it to happen to you but when it does it crushes you and fucks you up for a time, you learn to deal with it in time, and at the end of it you come out it, your world a sadder place but a better person for the experience.

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions? My first one was to pack in smoking and lasted about 2 days before i had another fag, i also resolved to join a gym and go on a regular basis which i still manage to do, but sadly paying my penance for too much beer, tobacco and junk food.

Will you make more resolutions for 2005? I made a resolution to give up smoking, this new years resoultion stuff gets fucking tedious. I mean my life is pretty ok, why change it

What places did you visit? The toilet, Quite a few football grounds, Eastbourne for a weekend, Malia, Blackpool playing football in the Railsport Games, Sheffield Uniteds pre-season tour of Cornwall, several public houses, and all sorts of other places where people go. Fucking hell this is getting tedious.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? Its not life that is exciting, it is taking your experiences however minor, sitting down with them and disecting them and learning more about yourself and making the wry observations that people seldom notice. I was slightly excited prior to my 18-30 holiday to Malia

What events merited celebration? Not a year with that much to celebrate to be honest, it was pretty crap year. As years go it was more a year of Premiership Survial rather than Champions League glory.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope, sorry, i abandon my friends, girlfriends and any other family as soon as children and babies are mentions. It tends to turn some good people from good free-willed people in to boring people living boring lives and middle class sensibilities although this may change when i decide the time is right to produce some offsprings to replace myself in the great scheme of things

Did anyone close to you die? Yeah, my Dad, now referred to as the 'great man in the sky'.

What do you wish you'd done more of? Having more good sex, well not that had to little but you know they say you can't have too much of a good thing. They say a good wank is better than bad sex and are probably right but there is nowy better than a good shag.

What do you wish you'd done less of? Sitting round moping about things that happened in my life this year that i had no control over. It is one thing some bad shit happening and its another dwelling on it.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?I can't think of one person who i spent most time on the phone to, some people i call a lot and only have short calls, others i speak to infrequently and speak to for a lot longer. I would rather have conversation in a decent pub with a couple of pints and plenty of cigarettes, it is amazing how you can put the world to rights in such a situation

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? More money and a bit of luck, i could get really deep and mention a whole host of other stuff that i lacked over the last year but writing it all down can be a bit of a arse.

What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory? 28th Feburary, the day i lost my Dad, this year is the 1st anniversary and i'm going to go out and have a good drink to remember him by. No point in using it as an excuse to mope around, more a good reason to have a celebration.

What song will always remind you of 2004? The Libertines, Can't Stand Me Know. A band who have revived the whole Indie scene and the nearest thing to a young Oasis. A song packed full of energy, love, hate, despair and a million other emotions flying around in the mix. Listening to it on a good day it inspires the belief that you can do anything you want to do, there and then.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to London with one of my mates, got totally slaughtered and went back to Sheffield on the train totally blotted and i felt another year older on the next day. I was 27, but like a vintage wine i'm only getting better with age.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Sheffield United getting promotion to the Premiership, no ifs and no buts. I don't really give a flying fuck what people think about me, or what goes on during my day to day to life. It is just a great chance to forget all my troubles and invest all my hopes and dreams in something else.

Did you suffer illness or injury? I suffered for quite a while with depression following the death of my father. More or less over it now but at the time it was like nothing else in the world had any mean or significence (this is getting fucking boring now i hear you think). I needed stiches in a head wound after i fell off a quad bike in Greece, i also had septic tonsilitis as well which laid me low for a week.

What was the best thing you bought? I'm sorry, i can't think of anything that i bought that is paticularly memorable to be honest. I think i must buy a load of crap if i'm being honest

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?My own at times, one thing i did was when Ken Bigley the British Hostage in Iraq was beheaded, i looked for the footage on google and found and it and a morbid curiousity compelled me to watch it. I didn't go through with watching it all, but i learnt how evil other people can be, and it taught me a lot about human nature.

When will I grow up? The eternal question!

Where did most of your money go? Beer and Football matches if the truth be told.

Compared to this time last year, you are...another year older, another year wiser but safe in the knowledge that the more things seem to change the more they stay the same.

What was your favorite TV program? Shameless, absolute pure genius and a real cult classic.

What was the best book(s) you read? I didn't read as much as i used to this year, i went through a phase of being an avid reader i didn't seem to get in to it as much this year.

What were your favorite films of this year? The Football Factory was a good film, other than that the only film i saw at the pictures was Bridget Jones Dairy and that was a right heap of shit

What was your greatest musical discovery? A band called the Kaiser Chiefs flicked the musical switch for me, as well as another band called Kasabian.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? 50% mod, 50% spice boy, trying to look good whenever i can, even when i have dressed down or looked like a sack of shit. Appearances count and you never know when the next bird could be coming round the corner.

Who were the best new people you met? I met a lass called Jemma, been seeing her a couple of months and we are just taking it easy and seeing what happens, although it has been one of those years when i haven't really expanded my social circle

Did you fall in love in 2004? It depends what quantifies love. I feel in a state of happiness and it remians to be seen if it evolves furthur. I'm pretty frightened of falling in love but it excites me as well, prehaps i'm already in love, prehaps i will never be in love, will i ever know?

What was your biggest achievement of the year? I came through the biggest test ever asked of me last year and came out of the other side of it a better person, that probably classes as a roaring success.

What was your biggest failure? Prehaps i didn't really have any major failure although the fact i didn't progress is a sign of failure.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004? However bad things get it never the end of the world

No comments: