Monday, January 17, 2005

Skint, bored and waiting for payday

Well that basically sums up my current predicament. I have got £40 left to last the month out until i get paid again and have given myself a daily allowance of £5 a day to buy food, fags, bus fare and the like. I was a bit crazy when i last got paid, i spent quite a bit on clothes, had a full on new years eve drinking session, as well as a couple more when i have been to the United matches.

Been in a decent mood over the last few days, been relieved to have gone back to work, and i feel more like i did before i went through all the hassle of my Dads illness and death and it has been good. I suppose i look back at my old man now and see him as he was before he fell ill rather than the sick man on his death bed. All in all it seems like i have regained my zest for life again.

Good news on the Cricket front, England beat the South Africans today in a tight finish. Just as it was starting to get good i had to go to work but kept in touch with the latest score on WAP, and did a secret clench fisted when i found out we had taken the last wicket and won.

Trying to get to grips with Bluetooth on my phone, i didn't know how to use it until last weekend when Les brought his new phone to the match and kept on messing about with the bluetooth, i started messing about with mine, and found out how to search for devices so i keep on searching for devices for no other reason apart from curiosity about how many people around me have the capability. Yes sometimes life gets that interesting.

Not seen Jemma for a couple of days, it has been a major killer working all the time and trying to find time to see her. I don't think we will be able to go out this weekend as i have only got Saturday off, and she is working on Saturday night on her placement so that means that we will have to have a night in together one night after i finish work.

I've tried to swap my annual leave weeks around today so i can take a week off next month and go to Cornwall for a week to see my old friends down there as well as combining the business of watching Sheffield United at Plymouth Argyle with seeing my old friends in Looe. I've got a couple of uncles down there as well so it will be good seeing them.

I was listening to the Radio earlier and they have a little feature called Changing Tracks, where someone tells the story of how their life has changed and the song that helped change it, i don't think i have really got one but The Killers seem to have played a bit of a influence. The state of Indie music at the moment is good, there is a band that are starting to become big called Kaiser Chiefs who are excellent and i shall be buying the album in due course as well as making an effort to see them in concert.

Anyway more gubbins to come soon........


No comments: